Thursday 6 October 2016

Faith



Hi there Elizabeth here with an Autumnal project for you. When I think of Autumn colours I always think of the beautiful shades of Heather up in the hills, so that's what inspired me to do this little watercolour project, using the gorgeous Luscious powders.


The sheen is so pretty and doesn't get lost in the watercolour card.


I started out by stencilling Fine Modelling Paste through the Texture stencil, making sure it was dry, then brushing over the centre of the pattern first with Frosty Sky then blending over the top with Aladdin Metallic paint. Once they were dry I added some area's of Teal and Bronze Luscious powders, which I diluted with a small amount of water. I also added some splatters with the Bronze as well.




I adhered the mini watercolour off-centre over the texture.


And added some very faint grey stamping using the Script stamp.


I wanted to keep within the same colour family so I created my custom blend of texture paste using the gorgeous green Luscious powder. The paste picks up the colour, but it remains matt as the texture paste has a white base, so perfect.


Nothing went to waste, as I added the leftovers to my next project, a journal page. The matt tones work beautifully together.


So there you have my take on Autumn.


Happy Crafting
Elizabeth x

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and so serene. Loving the colour palette and the layout.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop dead gorgeous!!!!!!!!! I love this to bits Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful a lovely combination of colours so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous and looks very mystical too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Elizabeth and I love the colours and the fabulous texture in the background too. x

    ReplyDelete