Monday 12 December 2016

DIY Stamped Desktop Christmas Calendar


For our December Count Your Blessings theme, I decided to create a Christmas calendar to display on my desk at work.  I picked up the wooden printed art at the Dollar Tree.  I used GeeSso Good! to paint the entire board.  I reversed it to create a shadow box.


Inside I stamped Snowflake Lace repeatedly and embossed in white.  I went over the edges of the panel with white chalk for a chalkboard effect.


I painted a sheet of corrugated board with Snow White Metallic Paint and raised it up using more cardboard beneath.  I wrapped a red ribbon around the panel and tied a loopy bow.  I used a purchased flower and die cut holly to further embellish.  I stamped the largest frame in the Vintage Frame stamp set in Fired Brick Distress Ink and layered over another die.


I computer generated the dates and printed onto sticky paper, then cut with a circle punch.  Each day I will simply adhere the date over the previous date.


I mounted the deer from the Winterland Wood stamp set above the panels for extra dimension.  I added a few snowflake dies to complete the project.  These were also rubbed with chalk.



There's still time to pick up the Winterland Wood stamp set before the holidays!  Visit indigoblu.com today for yours!


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful calendar Autumn and love all the details and such pretty colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea and loving the decoration.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work Autumn - really lovely use of these stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh and aaah! Love this design, Autumn and it's even better seeing it close up here at Indigo Blu! Clever idea to make those date tags! I just adore every square inch of this and now I have got to get my hands on those stamps! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete