Thursday 6 April 2017

Dreams Come True


Good morning it's Elizabeth here today and I have a little story to share with you. So are you sitting comfortably, then we will begin............

Many years ago there was a little girl who would spend hours with a small box of watercolours and a book of images. She would take her time colouring in the pictures, blending the paints to create Rainbows of colour. One day afternoon she lay in the grass painting in her beloved book, at 4pm her Nana called her in for tea. They ate Cheshire Cheese and sliced apples, along with home made scones, it was a delicious meal. The child then headed off to the garden, but alas the rain had started and her beloved book was soaked through. The tears streamed down her face as she headed indoors. "Don't worry" said her Nana, "we will place the book on the kitchen table and it will dry overnight"

The little girl had such awful dreams that night about her precious book. But when she awoke the next morning, waiting on the kitchen table was the book.  The colours had run and blended together when the rain had hit them, making them look like the most beautiful rainbow she had ever seen........

And I've loved water colouring ever since....................


Working on a page from my Junk and Disorderly Journal, I stamped out the half doily from the Floral Fantasy Stamp Set using Teal Blue Stazon ink to create the top of my Dreamcatcher.



The Feather Stencil is perfect for the feathers of a Dreamcatcher.


I mixed a selection of Luscious Powders into some of the Super Thick Slap It On to create my own bespoke shade of Embossing Paste. I stencilled the feathers underneath the doily, and also added some texture to the page using one of the new Dinkie Stencils. That's also a great way of using up any left over paste on your craft mat.



Next I diluted some of the beautiful Green Luscious, and roughly painted all over the page, and give it a gentle spritz of water to make the pigment flow, for a watercolour effect.


After the green had dried I then went back over the top adding in some of the stunning blue powder, allowing drips to run down the page, and pools to form at the bottom corner. The sheen from the mica is just beautiful.


No watery rainbow would be complete without a little pink shining through. So that's what I added, dilute with a brush and also by adding a few splatters. I left the page to dry naturally, as I wanted the full shine from the mica powders, heat setting burns off some of the beautiful sheen.


One of the newest stamp sets at IndigoBlu is this Dreams Come True set, so new it's not on the website just yet.........I chose one of the fabulous sentiments, and added it using Black Versafine ink directly to the page.


To finish off and bring the colours together, I added a few black splatters using diluted Black GeeSsoGood and of course, sequins............for a little extra sparkle!


Have a great day, and I will see you soon.
Elizabeth x

8 comments:

  1. I love those feathers combined with the lace style stamp . Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story Elizabeth, your journal page is very dreamy and beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful story and I adore this page Elizabeth.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dream catcher and especially love your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous mix of washy colours Elizabeth and the lace doily stamp and feather stencil combined work beautifully here, and I adore the coloured paste you made for the stencilling. What a lovely story too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely storey and a beautiful page xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever use of the Floral fantasy stamp along with the feathers Elizabeth. Beautiful Journal page.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete